The List – Sept 2015
People often ask, “What do you need?” and “What’s next?”. Here’s a partial list of what needs to be done.
1) A definitive answer as to weather of not the Allison AT545 transmission will lock into the first gear or slip. Serial # 3210627425 Part #29507181 Model: AT545 93BOT
2) Paint selection that can work best with wet blasting.
* ROV – needs wiring harness built. There are no plans but it could be done by someone with good electronics knowledge.
* Finish welding on the deck and cabin top.
* Complete and mount the dragons on the pilothouse.
* Reconnect a coolant system to the Cummings diesel engine so it can be started on its temporary mount.
* Take apart the Suzuki 150 outboard to have a better look inside and ponder rebuilding it.
Ready to Start
* Deck crane overhauled and a hydraulic power pack built with a 13hp diesel engine (on hand).
* Deck crane mount built and crane installed.
* Helm quadrant constructed and mounted to the rudder post.
* Design and build a chain and cable helm with a 2:1 reduction.
* Finish weld the external seams of the hull, above and below the water line.
* Cut and install 3/8″ keel reinforcing in the forward cabin.
* Cut and install 1/2″ bow reinforcing and forward mast step in the crush compartment.
* Cut and install 1″ and 1/2″ reinforcing frames in the aft cabin to support the frames built into the skeg.
* Trim the second set of propeller blades to fit the shroud, then balance both sets of blades.
* Cast the bronze capstans for the anchor winch.
* Fabricate the two aluminum doors for the pilot house.
* Wire the remote start for the sand blast compressor.
* Clean out the shed.